Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I'm Back!!!! and it's a little lame

Whew! So yeah I slightly longer hiatus than I said I would but now I'm back. Today's recording is another 'just-a-riff.' This is a little riff that I came up with while I was home. It sounded better originally on the instrument I wrote it on which was the only one left in my room; a 5 string Egmund acoustic. I actually liked the song better when the guitar was missing its 'D' string because it separated the two low strings from the three highest making a banjo or dulcimer like sound. I furthered this effect by playing with a metal pick. Unfortunately all that is rather moot because on this recording I'm playing my Washburn, freshly tuned, with all its strings. And of course I'm not letting metal pick anywhere near my good guitar.

The Riff!

P.S. I would also like to thank my wonderful and highly literate parents for doing some necessary quality control for me.

No comments: