Sunday, November 11, 2007

Against Me!

Against Me! is a very special band to me, their recent departure from greatness not withstanding. Seeing them playing in South Burlington, wedged in with so many people I physically couldn't move and screaming along even to songs I didn't know made me suddenly realize what it meant to have ideals about things like community and activism. But thats a gush-fest for another time. Tonight's song is a cover of Joy off of Searching For A Former Clarity. I love its simplicity and while I consider the album it came from a sort of calm before the storm that only hinted at the over-produced mess to come it is indicative of the powerful songs that made up the majority of 'Clarity.'

***Joy (Against Me! cover)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good energy at the end

Keegan said...

very clever mom