Thursday, November 12, 2009

Random Stuff From the Web (with only mildly related mp3's)

The Electronic Book Burning - an essay on how the increased digitalization of books, whether it be via google books or the electronic reading device which I shall not name here, is having a negative effect on bookstores and the culture of books.

Perils of Positive Thinking - taken from here, it is an interview with author Barbara Ehrenreich where she talks about her book "Bright-Sided"


Stand By Me - many people may remember the video that made the rounds a couple months ago of numerous people across the globe playing together in a cover of this song. This isn't it. This is Lemmy Kilmister, lead singer and bassist of MOTORHEAD along with the drummer from Slayer. If someone feels like making an mp3 out of this let me know because I'd love it, but I'm to lazy to do the necessary work.

NOTE: If you enjoy seeing blog entries that are links to cool things someone has found on the internet, Sean Bonner does it pretty frequently and better than I (though with less mp3 goodness).

Turn the TV Off And Read A Book Please - Deny Everything
(Electronic Book Burning)
American Errorist (I hate hate haters) - NOFX (Perils of Positive Thinking)
Train in Vain (Stand By Me) - The Clash (This one's pretty obvious isn't it?)

Financial Support Goes Here

Deny Everything
NOFX
The Clash

1 comment:

Greg said...

There goes my career as an author. I guess the money's in web freelancing now. Keep on posting songs man, the band could use another pseudo-mp3 blog. I've thought it might be funny to start posting .wma files only just to mess with people