Friday, November 6, 2009

Race Day!!!!!

Today is the first day of the Breeder's Cup Championship of Horse Racing. As I was explaining to someone last night this is one of my big holidays of the year. Here are my picks:

Marathon: Man of Iron
Juvenile Fillies Turf: Lillie Langtry
Juvenile Fillies: Devil May Care
Filly and Mare Turf: Midday
Filly and Mare Sprint: Sara Louise
Ladies' Classic: Rainbow Veiw
Juvenile Turf: Codoy
Turf Sprint: El Gato Malo
Sprint: Gayego
Juvenile: Alfred Nobel
Mile: Goldikova
Dirt Mile: Mastercraftsman
Turf: Conduit
Classic: Rip Van Winkle

I haven't been following racing very closely, so especially in the early races, I mostly went by odds and jockeys. And in the latter half of the races I appeared to let nation of origin rule my choices since my last five picks are all Irish. This is of course in part based on my sole theory of betting which is 'never bet American in the turf classic.' Enjoy race day (weekend).

No comments: