Saturday, November 7, 2009

Race Day!!!!! Recap a.k.a. Keegan's Gloatfest

Just to follow up on the last posting, this Breeder's Cup may have been my most successful day of watching horse racing ever. Of the 14 races this weekend, I picked 4 winners. They were: Man of Iron, in the Marathon; Midday, in the Filly and Mare Turf; Life is Sweet, in the Ladies Classic; and finally Conduit, in the Turf. Those of you with sharp memories will wonder what happened to my original pick for the Ladies Classic, Rainbow Veiw. And to those of you I will say that I decided not to back a horse on the outside with the first turn where it was in the course, but I did manage to change my pick on the NTRA website in time so they credited me with the win. For those of you with a mind toward numbers and economics, I did the math. If I had placed a 2 dollar bet on each of my choices, I would have finished the weekend with a profit of $66.80. Should I have gone hog wild and bet 5 dollars per race, this prize would have sky rocketed to $167. So we can add 'Professional Gambler" to teh list of possibilities on the old five year plan.

No comments: