Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A Taste of My Blog Reader

I've already told you about one of the podcasts I listen to so in the interest of equal time, it is now time for me to promote/recommend/discuss one of the sites I subscribe to via my blog reader. I must confess however, I'm going to cheat a little on this one because I'm not really going to be talking about a blog. Instead I figured the first link I should take from my blog reader should be for Questionable Content. This 'indie web comic' by Jeph Jacques (who I swear to god I saw at a Weakerthans show once) is the only web comic that has held my interest enough for me to keep up with it fairly religiously. NN2S doesn't count because Mitch never updates it (Mitch if you're reading this that was in no way a shot at you, you just keep being awesome at your own pace dude, I understand). But yeah, QC is one of those comics about 20-somethings that makes me think maybe having my life suck as a 20-something won't suck that much, dead end jobs and weekend bands here I come!!!

Anyhoo, try as I might I could find nothing in my music library that could be linked to QC in anyway (searches for "web" and "comic/cartoon" got me weirdness and nothing respectively). Instead I am going to function under the assumption that I did in fact see our illustrious cartoonist at a Weakerthans show and post a Weakerthans song that I've been listening to a lot lately. You should know, dear reader, that I gave a lot of thought to posting 'Anchorless' but to be honest I like the Propagandhi version better (-gasp- I know!!!!).

The Weakerthans - One Great City!

Financial Support Goes Here

The Weakerthans

2 comments:

Greg said...

I, for one, thoroughly enjoy Winnipeg.

Unknown said...

Suck up.