Friday, March 27, 2009

A Bit of Video

I am frequently provided with material for this blog by Punknews.org. I have a feed of all their updates in my blog reader and mostly I look for interesting videos and covers and the occasional news that a band I like has broken up. Sometimes I get Thorns of Life news (one of the few current bands who's happenings I care to actually follow). Because it's just a news site, I don't have that much else to say about it, so I figured that instead I would post a few videos I recently found while traversing the site.

The first video is for a song called We Are Wild Stallions by the band The Riot Before. I was kinda suprised to find that I actually had a couple of songs by this band (including this one). I think I got them off a comp for The Fest. I hadn't given them a lot of thought until I watched this video, but wow. This is a good video for a really solid song. No frills, straight-ahead, Richmond VA, punk rock.


The Riot Before - "We Are Wild Stallions!" from Dave O'Dell on Vimeo.

The second video is for the British hardcore band Gallows. I've always kinda liked these guys from the screaming in a British accent to the diminutive, heavily tattooed lead singer. I guess this song is off their new album, it's called The Vulture (Part II) and I should warn you, the video is a tad graphic in terms of violence and gore. But if you can stand it, I think it's a great song. Compared to their first album, it strikes me as a little bit heavier or at least it hints at more of a Converge-esque edge (especially the intro part) and the breakdown kicks somethin' fierce. (NOTE even more than the gore I apologize for the stupid ad I'm sure Mtv will put at the beginning of this video. I looked everywhere for another version but to no Avail. (Get it? Avail? The Riot Before's from VA? ah nevermind)).

Gallows - Vulture (Dirty Version)

The Riot Before - We Are Wild Stallions

Gallows - In the Belly of a Shark (I don't have a copy of the new album and this is one of the songs off the first album I liked)

Financial Support Goes Here

The Riot Before

Gallows

No comments: