Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A couple cool items to combat the weather

It has been toasty here in Worcester, and I mean hot like you read about. You what else is hot though? Some of the sweet news items I have to share, all of which are courtesy of the fine, fine, unknowing individuals over at punk news. The first and most awesome of these is the news that Desaparecidos, the greatest thing that Conor Oberst has ever done with his life, will be re-uniting. They are playing a benefit show to raise funds to combat a Nebraska cities new policy which is similar to AZ new (and now under litigation!) immigration law. We can only hope that the boys will remember how great it feels to play together and maybe think about a whole tour or even -gasp- a follow-up record to Read Music/Speak Spanish. This would be awesome, since with Hot Water Music alive and kicking my short list of bands I'd like to see re-form gets down to Jawbreaker, Refused and the boys from Omaha.

Speaking of Refused, here's a fun video of Dennis Lyxzen from Refused performing a Minor Threat cover with Rise Against (Brian Baker from Bad Religion is there too, but I'm less excited for him). Doesn't Dennis look like he's having fun? Running around getting to be hardcore again after the colossal snore-fest that is International Noise Conspiracy?



I had a third thing, but now I don't remember what it is. Hot Water Music is recording a 7" with Bouncing Souls, but I got less excited about that when I heard that they were just going to be covering each other.

Desaparecidos - Happiest Place On Earth

Minor Threat - Minor Threat


Financial Support Goes Here

Desaparecidos
Minor Threat

No comments: