Sunday, April 5, 2009

AK Press Blog is making me a better human being / Songs to Blow Your Mind 3

I don't remember how it happened but a while ago I happened upon the website for AK Press, a publisher and distributor specializing in radical and anarchist materials. While browsing their website I discovered that they have a blog called Revolution By The Book. For the most part I really like this blog because I gives me ideas for books I might like to read and every once in a while it has a pretty good interview worth reading. However, what inspired me to feature in a blog post was the recent article posted on the blog called Dancing with The Devil about the concept of an anarchist business and the problems that come with the contradiction of an anarchist business. Though a tad long, the article is well thought out and extremely articulate and I think the points made in it can be enlarged to deal with the problems of trying to compromise anarchist ideals with everyday living.

Now I want you to know that I thought about just posting a couple of Anarchy themed songs and calling it a day on that. I even had a few cued up and ready to go but instead I thought this would be a good chance to post a song I've been pretty taken with for a while and make this another installment of Songs to Blow Your Mind. So without further fanfare, Avail's Black and Red.

Avail - Black and Red

Financial Support Goes Here (I'm aware of the irony)

Avail

No comments: