Monday, January 12, 2009

A Little Rock History

I'm back from break and now that I'm spending more time in front of my computer hopefully I will be blogging more, but for now I thought I would share a fun fact about this week in the not too recent past. This comes straight from the newsletter of Musician's Friend. The week of January 8th marks the 4 year anniversary of Kid Rock being kicked off the roster of acts to play as part of George W. Bush's inauguration festivities. How awesome is that? He got iced because tons of concerned Christians wrote in an complained about how he promotes a negative lifestyle of sex, drugs and partying. It must have been a bitch to find acts trashy enough to be willing to play at Bush's victory party and yet not so trashy that they offended the delicate sensibilities of the trashy people that elected him.

No comments: