Monday, September 27, 2010

Quick Video Interlude - or - Classic Clips Vol.2

Recently while reading an article on Gibson's website (and no, I'm not linking to it) I stumbled upon this great video of The Who doing "Won't Get Fooled Again." Now I have to admit, on my list of best Who songs, this one probably doesn't crack my top ten but this is a great performance. It's early enough that everyone is still alive and kicking on all cylinders and late enough that you avoid the weird fringed-buckskin and mod outfits of the early days and the Woodstock-Monterrey pop era. Daltrey is crushing it, Entwistle is showing off what a virtuoso he actually is (take a good look at his hands when the camera cuts to them, they're flying and he's being pretty nonchalant about it with lots of slides and little trills) and Townshend looks like he's having the time of his life. Watch him repeatedly go back to his amps to see if he can keep turning them up. My only complaint is that Keith Moon seems a little subdued by his standards, which is to say he slightly more active than almost any other drummer going. Anyway, do enjoy......The Who!!!

No comments: