Saturday, September 11, 2010

Bruins Preview 2010


So it's about that time of year where I talk about my predictions for the new Boston Bruins' season. This is due to the Bruin's training camp starting to warm up, and the Red Sox slow decline toward the end of their season (actually it's more like a tail-spin). This could be an exciting year for the Bruins. We've traded an aging defense-man (Dennis Wideman) to Florida for an exciting young forward in Nathan Horton. And thanks to taking a couple first round picks off of the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for Phil Kessel, we've now transformed the farm system into a fairly formidable collection of prospects headed by our second-overall pick Tyler Seguin.

So I'd love to go really in depth about Bruin's prospects and maybe break down the team's strengths and weaknesses by position. I think that would be fun. But I'm not going to do it and there's two reasons why: There's Jimmy and Cathy and sweet Lorelei. Just kidding. If you don't get that then you should watch the Robert Altman movie Nashville. But seriously I'm not writing a big long thing because at least half my reader's really don't care and also, the New England Sports Network already did it better than I ever could so it's easier to just link to them.

Top Ten Prospects
10.
Andrew Bodnarchuk
9. Max Suave
8. Zach Hamill
7. Ryan Spooner
6. Ryan Button
5. Jared Knight
4. Yuri Alexandrov
3.
Jordan Caron
2. Joe Colborne
1. Tyler Seguin

Breakdown By Position

Goalie
Defense
Right Wing

Center
Left Wing ***
(article went away)


No comments: