Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Dark Day

Hey Keegan, why do you get really grumpy when bands you like move to Major labels? Oh I don't know, everyone ever, maybe because major labels do stuff like this:

Punknews has informed me that EMI Group has begun informing small independent record stores that they will no longer be sending them new product. Because clearly the way to save the music industry is to only sell your cds in places frequented by music fans, like, you know, Walmart. I'm not going to say too much more about this lest I slip and spew bile and hatred across my keyboard but in closing, here is the list of bands you should no longer feel any compunction about downloading illegally (chalk that up to things I can say because no one really reads this).

Broken Social Scene - Major Label Debut

The Yarbles - Labels

Rise Against - Sometimes Selling Out is Giving Up
(bit of irony there)

Financial Support Goes Here

Broken Social Scene

The Yarbles Old band from my youth in Vermont, this was the best I could do
Rise Against

3 comments:

Greg said...

nooooooooooo not the j. geils band! my angel is the centerfold my angel is the centerfold

Keegan said...

Kinda gives new meaning to the phrase 'corporate whore' doesn't it?

Ben O'Brien Smith said...

Such crap! The major label strikes again. I hope they die off sooner rather than later.