Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Books into movies news

The San Fransisco Chronicle today has an article discussing the 2011 release of the movie based on the book Moneyball by Michael Lewis. It will be directed by Steven Soderbergh and will star Brad Pitt as Oakland Athletics General Manager Billy Bean. It was a great book, but I'm not a hundred percent sure I see how it will translate well into a movie. On a final awesome note, apparently former Boston Red Sox backstop Scott Hatteberg has been brought in to portrtay himself which for my money is all the movie needed to make it worth seeing.

In a second, suprisingly related news item, punknews.org has informed me that deals are being struck to make a movie out of Frank Portman's book King Dork. Now King Dork was actually a pretty good book on its own, but what makes this even more exciting (and what got it on punknews) is that Frank Portman is Dr. Frank from San Fransisco punk band The Mr. T Experience. This also means that both these stories were in some way San Fransisco connected which gives me more ideas for songs to post with them.

The Mr. T Experience - King Dork (To be honest not one of my favorite songs by them but I felt like I had to)

The Magnetic Fields - Come Back From San Fransisco

Jawbreaker - Condition Oakland (So effing excited to get to post JAWBREAKER aka GREATEST BAND EVER)

Financial Support Goes Here

The Mr. T Experience
The Magnetic Fields
Jawbreaker

1 comment:

Greg said...

Can't wait to see Moneyball. I might even be out of school when it hits theatres!