Monday, March 8, 2010

Spring Break Video Goodness

Saw Britney's Spear last night on their Topless Spring Break Tour. They acquitted themselves quite well in front of a face breaking crowd. It's always fun to see Alan get naked in front of people who aren't prepared for it. It was a weird bill, all the other bands were seriously hardcore. The best of the rest was probably the two bands from New York. Crown of Lions from Plattsburgh, who I thought were going to be really bro-y sort of hardcore guys but then I talked to a couple of them and they were super nice, played seriously brutal music. And then from the city of New York itself was Turn It Up who seemed like they had a lot more going on melodically then the P.A. gave them credit for. They are apparently recording right now so I look forward to hearing what they sound like on record. They were also really nice guys and one of them had an awesome Lemuria shirt (that's right, it's always a good time to bring Lemuria up).

In addition to that show-recap (I don't think it was long enough to be a review) I have some video goodness I have found in my travels of the web (it was mostly punknews). First off is the Dropkick Murphys playing Shipping Up To Boston live, joined on stage by Dickie Barret and the rest of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones who fit into the song pretty well.


Next up is a great video combining two bands I really love, The Who and The Gaslight Anthem. The only thing that would top that would be Cursive covering Shield Your Eyes (Tim if you're out there, think about it maybe????). Here it is, Gaslight covering Baba O'Riley:


Finally, I couldn't find a way to embed it but here is a link to video of Jacoby Ellsbury doing his thing, i.e. being crazy athletic. Have a fantastic day.

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston

Gaslight Anthem - The Backseat (Acoustic)


Financial Support Goes Here

Dropkick Murphys
Gaslight Anthem

No comments: